Announcements 01/13/20

Here’s to a new year Wolves! Let’s finish strong!

“Baseball tryouts will be held on January 31st and February 1st. Students interested in trying out need to attend an informational meeting on Tuesday January 14th in room D220 immediately after school. Please see Coach Bivone if you have any questions.”

Attention Class of 2023, if you are interested in running for Class President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer or Historian, please stop by Ms. Soto’s room, B208 or Ms. Garza’s room, B257. You may also fill out the form by scanning the QR Code on fliers throughout the school. You need to be approved to run, so sign up as soon as possible! We will vote the week of January 27th.

Seniors, if you have not taken your senior portraits you have been scheduled to have it taken either Wednesday or Thursday, January 15th or 16th this week, here on campus in room B-166.  Emails have been sent out with your scheduled day and time so you need to check your student email account TODAY for your appointment time.  If you did not receive an email and you need to take your pictures it is very important that you contact Mrs. Anderson in B-167 as soon as possible.

This Wednesday, January 15th the Locker Club will be meeting in F-107 during the 1st half of Power Hour to discuss our next fundraiser. Please join us if you are interested in helping. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Komolafe in F-106.

Today 1/13/2020 :

If you’re interested in traveling to Germany and the Alps in July 2021 there is an interest meeting for parents and students Tuesday January 14th, in the CAVE at 6 PM. Come see Ms. Neve in B224 during Power Hour today for more details.

All girls interested in running track there will be an informational meeting Today during B lunch in Coach Ellis’s room D114.  We will also have our track parent meeting on January 16 at 6pm in the Cave. We will start our official track tryouts on January 22 after school from 4:30-5:45pm on the Weiss track.   If you have any questions please contact Coach Ellis for girls and Coach Mercer for boys.

The Lady Wolves Soccer team started the season with 2 back-to back tournaments.   In the Woodlands tournament, the girls beat the Woodlands 4-1, lost to Houston Memorial 6-1, and beat Georgetown 4-2.  During the tournament, Jazzy Torres, Karlyn (car-lynn) Judge, and Sarah Rogers each scored 1 goal, Kat Sawyer added 2 goals, and Meg McAleer (mac-a -lear)  had 4 goals. Karlyn Judge and Alicia Warthen each added 2 assists, Jazzy Torres contributed with 1 assist, and Meg McAleer had 3 assists. A great performance by the Lady Wolves to include their redemption for the play-off loss to Georgetown last season. 

In the Dripping Springs tournament, the girls faced College Station and won 2-1, loss to the Woodlands 2-1, and tied Friendswood 1-1.  Mayeli (may-ellie) Rios, Sarah Rogers, Hannah Rogers, and Meg McAleer (mac-a-lear) each scored 1 goal. Hanna Rogers, Kat Sawyer, and Meg McAleer each added 1 assist. 

The girls will be back in action on Friday when we take on Liberty Hill here at Weiss. JV will play at 5pm and Varsity will play at 6:45. Come out and support your Lady Wolves!

Our quote comes from Mr. Rogers – “There are three wats to ulimate success: The first way tis to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.”