Prepare yourself for College

Back to Article
Back to Article

Prepare yourself for College

Young smiling students on campus

Young smiling students on campus

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Young smiling students on campus

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Young smiling students on campus

Rebeca Martinez, Staff Writer

Preparing your self for college can be really stressful. There is so much that you have to do that it can be hard to keep track of everything. Here are a few tips that can help you get to your feet in helping you prepare for college.

1. Talk to your counselor 

A very important step to get you to college is talking to your counselor.  By talking to your counselor, he/she can help you make the right decisions that will take you to college. It is important that you tell your counselor your career plans so they can help you find the right college for you.

2. Have a plan of how you will spend your high school years

The way you spend your time through high school is very important. Be sure that you spend a good amount of time into your work. Having extracurricular activities will also be great in your resume.

3. Practice your skills

Going to college will require many skills. One of those skills will be taking notes. In college, you have to make sure that you know how to take fast and understandable notes. A college professor will talk quickly and will most likely not repeat him/her self. Another important skill will be management skills. Managing your time and resources is very important. If you keep track of everything you do, then your work will be much easier.

4. Start researching colleges 

A very important thing to start preparing is that you start researching colleges. A better and easier way to start taking those steps is to know where you are going. By researching colleges, you’ll be able to find a better fit for you. Another advantage is that you’ll be able to know what certain colleges require. This will help you know what you should start working on.

There are so many other ways to start preparing for College. By using your time wisely and taking your work seriously, college will be so much easier for you. Be sure to consistently talk to your counselor ( it doesn’t matter how many times you go to them, they are there to help you get the information and help you need), always have a certain plan, practice your college skills, and research information.