Simple Grants That You Can Apply For Right Now

Andres Mauries, Writer

We are all grown up and are getting to the point in our lives where it is time to apply for college, and as we all know, this process can be extremely stressful with all of the standards and expectations that are placed on students both academically and financially. Whether you are getting financial help from a family member, friend, or even putting yourself through college, a little break could always help. In this case, the relief comes in the form of grants and scholarships. Here are some of the scholarships and grants you can still apply for…

One Young Earth Filmmakers Contest

Deadline: 1/05/20
Available to: Ages 25 and Under
Award Amount: $1,000

The “One Earth Young Filmmakers Contest” is open to both college and high school students who are no more than 25 years of age. You must submit a video between three and eight minutes that shares and highlights solutions to the issues discussed in the chosen sustainability topics chosen from the list on the sponsor’s website. The film entry’s theme must be solution-based. The film should talk about an environmental / sustainability problem and then discuss what could be a potential solution to this problem. Videos may be submitted by either an individual or a group and animated videos of no more than 45 seconds will also be considered.

Technology Addiction Awareness Scholarship

Deadline: 1/30/20
Available to: High School Freshmen through Graduate Students, Year 5
Award Amount: $1,000

The “Technology Addiction Awareness Scholarship” is available to high school, undergraduate or graduate students. You must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident and submit a 140-character message that relates to technology addiction to qualify for this award.

Women in Science Environmental Scholarship

Deadline: 12/01/18
Available to: Female High School Freshmen through College Seniors
Award Amount: $500

The “Women in Science Environmental Scholarship” is available to female high school or college students, with preference given to those who are choosing to pursue a science degree. You must demonstrate financial need, and submit a one-page essay that demonstrates an idea you have for helping improve the environment, either global or locally using Drone Technology to be eligible for this award.

Penny For A Free Ride Sweepstakes

Deadline: 12/03/19
Available to: Ages 15-21
Award Amount: $100,000

The “Penny For A Free Ride Sweepstakes” is open to students between the ages of 15 and 21. You must submit a photo of demonstrating a tire tread depth test with a penny or a tire pressure test using a pressure gauge and tag #pennyforafreeride and @MichelinUSA in order to be considered for this award. Photos can be posted on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.

Girls Impact the World Film Festival Scholarship

Deadline: 1/20/20
Available to: High School Freshmen through College Seniors

Award Amount: $1,000 – $5,000

The “Girls Impact the World Film Festival Scholarship” is available to full-time high school and undergraduate students who are ages 25 and under. To be considered, you must submit an original, three-six minute short film that addresses global women’s issues such as education for girls, maternal health, violence against women and girls, or a variety of other issues.

These are just a few of the financial aids you can apply for in order to help you with the expenses of college. A lot of these are highly recommended because they are fairly simple and do not require a lot of time considering the amount of money.

This information was gathered and sourced from FastWeb.