Choir Events Calendar

Calista Basore

From Earning Our Crimson, To Forging Our Legacy

With a new school year comes new dates, and new events to mark on your calendar. And luckily, if you’re in the choir and are somehow unaware of the upcoming schedule, a parent or guardian who is curious about their child’s choral itinerary, or you’re just an ordinary student who’s wondering when the next concert is, you’ve come to just the right place. With Choir achieving multiple feats last year, it’s hard to look the opposite direction when these performers are accomplishing so much in so little time. Here’s an overview of just some of their achievements from the 2018 – 2019 school year.

UIL Concert & Sight-Reading Evaluation

Bella Voce and Chamber Choirs received straight ones from all the judges.

Texas Music Festival

Bella Voce, Bel Canto, and Chamber Choirs received Division 1 (Superior Rating) and Best in Class.

Bella Voce received 2nd place overall and Chamber choir was 1st place (Grand Champions)

Moving Forward

Now, for what you’ve actually clicked on this article for, here’s the upcoming Choir schedule for the 2019 – 2020 school year. If there are any changes or setbacks in the schedule, this calendar will be updated as soon as possible.

• District Auditions: Sept 14, 8 am – 3 pm @ McNeil HS – Event limited to choir students only!
  • Region Choir Auditions: Oct. 7th, 5 pm – 8 pm @ Stony Point HS – Once again, this event is limited to students in choir currently. 
  • Fall Concert: Oct. 17th, 7 pm – 8 pm @ Weiss PAC – The newly developed Meistersingers Choral will be performing for their very first time during this concert! This mixed choir contains student performers ranging from seniors, all the way down to freshmen.
  • Fine Arts Winter Showcase: Dec. 5th, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm @ Weiss HS – New, never done before the event at Weiss! The Fine Arts Winter Showcase will include students from Band, Dance, Theater, and of course, Choir, showing off the talents and skills that they have been practicing and perfecting throughout the past semester. Open to both students and parents.
  • Spring Concert: May 21st, 7:30 pm – 9 pm @ Weiss PAC – Expect lots and lots of solos, as well as dancing! This is one of the most anticipated concerts of the school year, and the excitement shows in the performances.

“Let our voices loudly ring throughout all of Wiess High School.”  -Mrs. Bell, Weiss High School Choir Director