Social Media !!

Kevin Sanabria

What is social media?

Over the years social media has been growing as more and more teens discover the worlds of social media these applications have grown, for example, Snapchat gain over 30 million users over the course of 2017 to 2018. According to google  “Social media are websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking”. Many people use social media in different ways, for example, some people use social media for entertainment and other people use it to promote their business. Social media gave a platform to entertainers to make a carrier out of social media. Youtuber’s like Shane Dawson, Emma Chamberlin, and James Charles make their living making content and sharing what they love to do on the internet.

What do teens use social media for 

Snapchat and Instagram are two most used applications for teens. Most teens use these applications to text with friends, share pictures or simply for entertainment. Keeping up with family members that you don’t see in a daily bases is another way teens use social media.

Other students like William Sevilla use twitter to keep up with the news. He personally thinks that Twitter is more entertaining for him. William states that he uses social media every day but thinks it’s an unhealthy habit to be on it that often.

Some teens think that there can be a negative side of social media students like  Sophia Aleman think that teens who tend to be on social media can get overwhelmed with the appearances of other people when all it is is perception nobody gets to see what’s behind the camera just the person taking the picture meaning some teens can paint a picture of who they are on the internet when in reality they don’t appear like their profile or perfectly filter picture. Sophia Aleman states “teens make up a persona on Instagram and tend to make their life seem better when in reality their lives aren’t really that amazing”.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Social Media !!”

1. Sophia on November 7th, 2018 8:38 pm

I love the different perspectives that you show in each paragraph and how it partakes in their lives but what about the parents and what do they think about the subject and what are the long term effects of social media.

2. Alex Garza on November 8th, 2018 11:08 am

I like how you explain what social media is but with the pictures you should caption the person who took them and what it is in the photo

3. Andres Mauries on November 8th, 2018 11:13 am

I like how you explored both perspectives of social media and how you didn’t just say how good it is but you also mentioned how it can also be bad. I would say maybe you should check your facts on certain things and maybe rethink how you word some sentences.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Social Media !!

Academics

UIL Season is Here

• Academics

Can teachers make teaching fun?

• Social Media !!

Academics

Weiss Fall Choir Concert

• Social Media !!

Academics

Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

• Social Media !!

Academics

New Physics Classes at Weiss!

• Social Media !!

Academics

The 17th Annual District Student Art Show

• Social Media !!

Academics

Choir UIL 2017-18

• Social Media !!

Academics

One Act Play

• Social Media !!

Academics

Is Student Identification Relevant?

• Social Media !!

Academics

Meeting the Dress Code Standards

Social Media !!