Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

Kira Diep, Academic Staff

The LGBT community or GLBT community also referred to as the gay community, is a loosely defined grouping of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, LGBT organizations, and subcultures, united by a common culture and social movements!

History of LGBT in America
With the establishment of the United States following the American Revolution, such crimes as “sodomy” and “buggery” were considered capital offenses in some states, while cross-dressing was considered a felony punishable by imprisonment or other forms of corporal punishment

LGBT Definition 
The initialism LGBT is intended to emphasize a diversity of sexuality and gender identity-based cultures. It may be used to refer to anyone who is non-heterosexual or non-cisgender, instead of exclusively to people who are lesbian relating to homosexual women or to homosexuality in women, gay meaning a homosexual man, bisexual a person who is sexually attracted to both men and women, or transgender, denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex.

“Representation is key. We need to see our stories told. We need to see more inclusion in advertising and marketing.”

The gay-straight alliance is a club at this school that is currently ongoing, it is about representing students of the LGBTQ+ or just allies of community. It’s a safe place to converse about topics where outside the club might be condemned. I attended one of their club meetings and we watched a video about the sexuality spectrum. It explained how no sexuality is the same, and there are multiple genders. It’s just a club where anyone can come and be accepted for who they are as long as you keep an open mind.
“Love wins”

1 Comment

One Response to “Gay-Straight Alliance Club !”

1. Sophia on November 7th, 2018 8:52 pm

I love the whole idea and how it was presented in this story, you did a wonderful job.I feel that you could have put a more personal spin on the story with some of the students here at Weiss and how they feel. Overall great job.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

Academics

UIL Season is Here

• Academics

Can teachers make teaching fun?

• Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

Academics

Weiss Fall Choir Concert

• Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

Academics

Social Media !!

• Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

Academics

New Physics Classes at Weiss!

• Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

Academics

The 17th Annual District Student Art Show

• Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

Academics

Choir UIL 2017-18

• Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

Academics

One Act Play

• Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

Academics

Is Student Identification Relevant?

• Gay-Straight Alliance Club !

Academics

Meeting the Dress Code Standards

Gay-Straight Alliance Club !