Getting Into The Halloween Spirit!

Night of the Living Dead

Alexia Perez and Andres Mauries

In the spirit of Halloween, the Weiss Theater department, Mr. Malone and Ms. Perry chose Night of the Living Dead as their opening show for the Fall season. Night of the Living Dead is based off a movie from the 1960s which is actually approaching its 50th anniversary. The movie takes place in rural Pennsylvania and it is about a group of people who take refuge in a house to stay away from zombies in order to survive. It’s one of the first most recognized zombie movies in pop culture.

Fitting the season

It’s also a perfect production choice to get the Weiss community ready for Halloween this year. Auditions have already taken place and roles have already been cast, as well as the technical positions. The Theater department has their entire crew together and they are ready to work. Rehearsals have already begun taking place. Everyone who is a part of this production is working very hard to put on a great show for the Weiss High School community. The show is set to be performed multiple times, October 24th and 25th at 8 pm here at the Wolf PAC, and on October 27th at 8 pm and 11 pm also at the Wolf PAC, it’s performed several times so you can’t miss it! It’s going to be an interactive show between the zombies and the audience. Ticket sales have not started as of now but when they do, tickets will be $5 when students purchase them during lunch/power hour with a valid student ID, tickets will be $10 at the door for everyone. This is a good opportunity for our new students here at Weiss to come to see their first show here at Weiss, it’s also a good opportunity to show some support for our Theater department. We wish the cast and crew the best of luck on their production! The Weiss Theater department is very excited to present Night of the Living Dead, come out and support to their first show of the season. It is going to be a spooky, zombie-filled experience!

Cast and Crew Quotes

Here are the thoughts from one of the cast members… Costume Designer, Leslie Mondragon says “I’m very excited to be a part of this production and can’t wait to begin working on the costume design, it’s going to be a great production, make sure to come to see it.”

Zombie actor, Andres Mauries says, “I can tell it’s going to be a fun production because of all the fight choreography and overall awesome cast.”

Stage Manager, Sophia Aleman says “I believe that the cast of Night of the Living Dead has the potential to be one of the greatest performances here at Weiss and I am proud of the hard work that the cast and crew have been putting in to make this a great production.” 

*Picture Credit to @weisstheater on Instagram*

About the Writers
Alexia Perez, Academics Staff

Alexia is a sophomore, she is quiet but friendly once you really meet her. She enjoys listening to music, hanging out with friends, and writing.

Andres Mauries, Fine Arts Staff

Andres Mauries is a Sophmore at Weiss Highschool and is a proud member of the newspaper here at Weiss, he hopes to contribute as much as he can to the...

1 Comment

One Response to “Getting Into The Halloween Spirit!”

1. leo castillo on November 8th, 2018 11:16 am

I liked how you guys showed the prices and what you can do during school to at earlier cheaper tickets. i think that should put the cast and crew list on your next play story

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Getting Into The Halloween Spirit!